“When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty” -Jeremiah 15:16
Just as we must eat healthy and exercise to stay healthy, we must read God’s word to stay spiritual nourished. God’s Word is food for the soul. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness [2 Timothy 3:16]. Today is dedicated to choosing a chapter in the bible to read throughout the #FeedYourSoul plan.
I was lead to read through Luke, one of the four gospels. I felt I needed to know more about Jesus and what he means to me, Luke was perfect. It is important to pray before choosing a chapter. If you do not call upon the Lord and seek His guidance, you will be lead by the Flesh. Matthew 7:7 reminds us “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” I believe, The Holy Spirit will guide you in choosing the perfect chapter to read, after prayer.
Questions To Ask Yourself:
- What days will you read?
- When will you have ‘quiet time’ to read?
- How long will you read for ? 30 mins? 1hr?
- What questions do you have for The Lord? (Matthew 7:7)
- Am I reading to be committed to reading His Word for the next couple weeks?
- Who can I ask when I don’t understand something I’ve read? Can I trust them? Do they have a relationship with The Lord? Do they confess Jesus is Lord?
- What is my favorite verse of my chapter that I’ve chosen?
- Did The Spirit lead me to read this or did I chose myself?
- How is God speaking to me through His word?
1 thought on “Nourish The Soul”
Love it!!!! Continue to drop knowledge on em.