If you do not know how you are blocking your own blessings, how will you stop? It is important to understand the ways in which you stand in the way of these blessings to ensure that you live up to your fullest potential and receive all the blessings The Good Lord has in store for you. It is time to take responsibility for things going on in your life and stop blocking your blessings!
5 Ways You Block Your Blessings
- Fear: This emotion is a feeling that comes from this world. Whether you fear the government, speaking in public or failing, you must remember the Spirit you have been given. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control [2 Timothy 1:7]. Fear comes from the mind, not the Spirit. Your past situations, phobias or traumas do not need to be given power or authority over you because God has granted you the blessing of living fearlessly. Since, God will never leave you nor forsake you, fear never has to enter your heart because God is always with you. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand [Isaiah 41:10].
- Doubt: This emotion occurs with a lack of faith. Blessings do not come to those who doubt. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways [James 1:5-8].
- Jealousy: Being jealous of someone else’s blessings is the quickest way to block your own blessings. You focus more on what they have and neglect the work God has already done in your life. Do not judge someone’s chapter 5 to your chapter 1. You do not know the sacrifices they made or obstacles they overcame to get the blessings they have. Instead, focus on your blessings and do not allow the seed of jealousy to be planted or grow within your heart. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice [James 3:16]. There is a reason that jealousy, as well as envy are part of the 7 deadly sins. Do not entertain jealous thoughts for they will only block your own blessings.
- Envy: This is wishing or wanting what others have and this is Satan’s biggest trick to make you feel defeated. Envy creates a lack of trust in God and ultimately breaks down your faith. It reminds you of what you do not have and fills your heart with bitterness. You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions [James 4:2-3]. Ask God with faith and then you will not need to feel envious. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you [Matthew 7:7].
- Comparing: Social media and technology has changed the world. Now, you are able to scroll through Instagram and see hundreds of images in a matter of seconds. Seeing this images can play on your self-esteem and make you want to compare you life to others. These comparing thoughts shut the door of opportunity from opening because you are focused on what you could be doing instead of what you should be doing. Instead of comparing yourself to someone who is always at the gym, why not get up and go to the gym? Don’t compare yourself to people who are always traveling instead start saving, get a passport and plan your trip! You are not created to compare yourself, because you are unique in creation. God did not make two of you, He made you! Perfectly imperfect.
“Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding” [2 Corinthians 10:12]
31 thoughts on “Learning Faith: Pt.3 How To Stop Blocking Your Blessings”
It’s good to see a post like this, that shows the author has common sense!
You definitely made me think! Thanks-I wouldn’t have seen things
from your p.o.v otherwise. I have to share this…
great put up, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite specialists of this sector don’t notice this.
You should continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after looking at many of the articles I
realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!
Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally
different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!
This is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise information? Appreciate your sharing
this one. A must read article!
TY for this entry, it has been incredibly helpful to me!
Much easier to understand than anything else out there.
Much respect for blogging this subject. Do you intend to go into additional depth?
Howdy I am so glad I found your website, I really found
you by accident, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to
say cheers for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included
your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great
Thanks for checking out the site, hope you come back 🙂
This post is priceless. Where can I find out more?
There are more articles under Blog Posts or Study Plans 🙂
I blog frequently and I really appreciate
your content. The article has really peaked my interest.
I will take a note of your site and keep checking for new
details about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS
Welcome to The Faith Fam 🙂 !!! Thanks for checking out the website!
Thanks for checking out the website 🙂
This is very well explained and helpful, thanks. I like how you cover key concepts without waffling on. It’s useful
information and I find you worth sharing.
Awesome! Hope to hear from you soon 🙂
It’s good to read a post like this, that shows the author has common sense!
You definitely made me think! TY-I wouldn’t have seen things this way otherwise.
Will share this…
So happy you found this to be useful! Hope to hear from you soon 🙂
I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my
trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!
Thanks for checking out the website! All content is created by @IvetteHelps 🙂
This is topical advice for my followers, so I’ll share this article and you should likely get some extra readers.
It’s better than anything else I’ve seen about this subject.
Thank you for the inspired opinion!
Thank you for checking out the site 🙂
Asking questions are really fastidious thing if you are not understanding something entirely,
however this post offers nice understanding yet.
This is very useful! I’m glad I found your post because it’s an improvement on similar blogs I’ve seen from most people on this subject.
Can I ask you to elaborate? Perhaps write any further example?
Is there anything specific you are going through? I would be happy to elaborate more 🙂
Great delivery. Solid arguments. Keep up the great work.
Thank you for your support 🙂
Magnificent web site. Lots of useful information here.
I am sending it to a few pals ans also sharing
in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your effort!
Thanks for sharing 🙂
I like reading an article that will make people think. Also, thanks for permitting me
Thanks for checking out the blog 🙂