5 WAYS THE LORD HAS CHANGED ME!!
- Patience – Whenever I became impatience it meant that I was not trusting in God. I know that His time is the right time all the time! If I were to get what I wanted, when I wanted, most likely …. I would not want it. Patience is a virtue and a spiritual gift that comes from The lord. We need patience to get through life and without it, life can be filled with frustrations, anxiety and negative feelings. The more I grew in faith, the more patience developed within me. A lack of patience is a lack of faith.
- Empathy – The Lord revealed to me that empathy can go a longgggg way! We must be mindful of the difference between sympathy vs. empathy.
- Understanding – We must learn to understand one another without taking things personal and avoid assumptions. When we take the time to listen to someone with an intent to understand rather than listening to respond, we show understanding. When a person feels understood, validated and accepted they are more likely to receive the advice or response you have to give them.
- Forgiveness – We forgive others not because they ‘deserve’ it but because we are forgiven. God reminds us of Jesus and the sacrifice on the cross so that we could be made right with Him. How can we live with forgiveness and not extend it to others? When we live with grudges or animosity, it will turn our hearts into stone. Forgiveness is an act of trusting in God. Also, keep in mind that revenge is The Lord’s and we do not need to hold onto any un-forgiveness. If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
- Love – When I learned how much God loves me, I was able to view myself from his perspective. Although this is a daily struggle and I have my moments of insecurity and doubt; I am reminded that God loves me no matter what! I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord [Romans 8:38-39].
Last night, I was lead to film the video below. I shared 5 ways The Lord has changed me. Before 2015, I lived my life as an atheist and dabbled in many different religions such as Judaism, Hinduism and Islam searching for meaning. Yet, I was always left with many unanswered questions and a void in my heart. There is no doubt it was Jesus who saved me and renewed my heart, mind and soul! Check out the full Interactive Bible Study Live on IG!