“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
The greatest act of love is to lay down one’s life for another and God did that when He sent His son Jesus [John 15:13]. We can live without doubting God’s love for us because of this ultimate sacrifice that saved us from eternal doom. When people fall into a spiral of sin or feel they have committed a horrific act against God, they tend to distance themselves by thinking that God no longer cares for them. This idea could not be further from the truth. In fact, God’s love is even greater when we are at our lowest and His grace is what helps pull us through difficult times. When the thoughts of loneliness or abandonment enter the mind, it is because we have forgotten who God really is. God is love. Despite how much we sin or how many times we sin, His love for us will never be less and will never fade.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
There is nothing in this world that can separate God’s love from His children. It is the flesh within us that makes us doubt His love. God’s love is not like human love, it doesn’t stop because of an argument or leave when things get rough. God’s love is endless and will lasts beyond the end of time. God’s love is infinite. He loves us during the dark times and the best of times. Love is patient and love is Kind, two things that define who God is.
“The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.” – Psalm 103:8
Verses of God’s Love
- “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
- “So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” – 1 John 4:16
- “In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” – 1 John 4:10
- “We love because he first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
- “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” – Romans 5:5