Thanksgiving is a holiday that reminds me to be thankful. It’s easy to focus on the baked macaroni and cheese, cornbread dressing, turkey, canned yams, collard greens or the sweet potato pies! I can go on and on! In the midst of all this deliciousness, we must stay focused on what this tradition represents, expressing gratitude and enjoying family time.
- I’m thankful for JESUS of course!: The greatest gift of all is the sacrifice made by our Lord and Savior. The resurrection was confirmation of God’s love, grace and mercy. The gift of the Holy Spirit allows us to have a relationship with God despite the sins that we carry. The blood of Christ paid the price for our debt and we have the opportunity to enter God’s kingdom. Without Jesus, we would be doomed! So, let’s rejoice in gratitude for Jesus.
- I’m thankful for my Health: I have both my arms, legs, eyes and ears. I have the ability to see, hear, talk and walk. This entire year, I have not come down with a flu, cough, infection or sore throat. God has truly been good to me!
- I’m thankful for my Family: The relationship with my mother has been amazing. Not only is she a woman I admire and inspire to be like, but she is my best-friend. The relationships with my brothers has gotten stronger and I am able to pass my wisdom along in hopes they will uplift their generation. Family is not just about blood relations, rather it is about those who we hold nearest and dearest to our hearts. I’m thankful for the friends God has put into my life who have grown to become sisters, and the many God-fearing people he has placed throughout my life.
- I’m thankful for SmileWithFaith: This website is a platform for believers around the world. It is a safe place to learn God’s word and truth. It is an international success and I owe all glory to God. Being the founder of SmileWithFaith is truly a blessing, being able to share testimonies and music from around the world is an honor. Thank-you to all the subscribers and viewers of SmileWithFaith, you truly are appreciated! I pray this website ministers to souls around the globe and helps others to grow in faith and build relationships with God through Christ (leave a comment below of anything you’d like to see in a post, plan or if you’d like to share a testimony!)
- I’m thankful for my Car, BabyLuv: I remember the days living in Florida. I took 3 buses to get to school and walked 2 miles to the bus stop in the scorching sun. The 4 hour bus ride, one way, was not easy but it helped me appreciate my car so much more. Not only do I have this experience of the bus to help me appreciate my car, but I also have the experience of a 7 mile bike ride to work. Bike riding lasted a couple of months, until I was able to save up to buy a scooter. Although, I loved my scooter, eventually it broke down and I was left stranded. Needless to say, My car has really changed my life. It gives me the opportunity to go places, like work and school. It allows me to meet people and gain new life experiences.
- I’m thankful for my Education: As a child, the idea of school doesn’t seem appealing. Homework, early mornings and boring lectures were not exciting. However, entering into college, was a completely different experience than high school. Currently I am pursuing my master’s degree and looking back on my school experiences, I would not be the person I am today without an education. An education builds vocabulary, grows networking connections and teaches history, theories and models. An education is the key to a successful future.
- I’m thankful for my relationship with The Lord: My entire life as an atheist was lived in darkness. The moment I gave my life to The lord through baptism, it has never been the same. My relationship with God is a blessing because the power of prayer is truly a privilege. When you draw near to God, he draws near to you. When you ask, you will receive. When you knock on the door, He will open! My relationship with The Lord has given me wisdom, discernment, clarity and understanding of myself and the world around me. Through our relationship I was able to reach new levels of self-actualization and receive closure from the trauma in my past. Through our relationship I was able to learn self-control, how to speak with love and how to be a cheerful giver. My relationship with the Lord has helped me overcome many obstacles within my life. God is my rock, my strength, my protector, my provider and my creator. He is life. He is hope. He is eternity. I don’t just live for God, I live with God.