Question: Is there a real hell and why would a loving God send anyone there?
“But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers and all liars – their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death” – Revelation 21:8
Hell is real, and scripture makes many references to this horrific and terrifying place. In Matthew chapter 25:46, Jesus said it himself ” And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.” Psalms 9:17 says “The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God.” It is safe to believe that like heaven, hell does exist. If heaven is a place for the righteous and upright, how could the evil and sinful live in the same space? They can’t. This is why there is a designated place for the ungodly. This life on earth is temporary, but we have an after life of eternity. Just as energy never dies, it only transfers, so too does our Spirits. We have the choice of where we want our Spirits to spend eternity. Heaven or Hell.
Yes, our God is all loving, all kind and all caring. However, He is not the one to blame for spending eternity in hell, it is the individual. We each have free will and the power of self control. It is the individual’s responsibility of deciding where they choose to live for eternity. The decisions we make and how we live our lives on earth, determines our everlasting destiny. God’s word gives clear and direct instruction on how to live a righteous life to ensure we enter into His Kingdom and spend eternity with him.
5 Verses that confirm the existence of Hell
- “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands” – Mark 9:43
- “For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgment” – 2 Peter 2:4
- “They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His might” – 2 Thessalonians 1:9
- “Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest in hope, because you have not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay” – Acts 2:26-27
- “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell” – Matthew 10:28